A Unity creative professional that has a passion for game art, works well in a team environment, is comfortable contributing ideas and insights to brainstorming meetings, and requires minimal supervision to perform their task. This applicant can work in our Denver studio or work remotely.
Our team is growing. We are looking for talented, driven creative technologists to help design and build the next generation of interactive VR/AR and mobile 3D educational training applications.
- Standardize and improve development processes for production of assets, materials, shaders, LODs, asset streaming, collisions, and interactions.
- Collaborate with dev team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences, striving for highest possible visual fidelity while ensuring optimal performance.
- Assist artists and designers via tool development, and in concept testing of new ideas, and building of rapid prototypes.
- Partner with engineering team to understand, define and manage project technical requirements and project asset production.
- Look/dev passes of fog, lighting, post-processes and other VFX for scene / level. Actively participate in optimizations, identify, triage, and fix bugs as required.
Required Skills / Experience
- 3 to 5+ years experience as a technical artist - or equivalent capacity - in 3D game development Strong art skills with experience and deep understanding of modeling, texturing, animation, & lighting for games.
- Maya: in-depth knowledge, experience with the API (Python or C++), strong scripting skills in Python/PyMel.
- Unity Shaders: in-depth knowledge of real-time shader implementations, limitations of shaders in VR, strong understanding of PBR pipelines, and subsurface shaders.
- Materials: experienced in the development, authoring & organization of efficient materials.
Desired Skills / Experience
- Passion for playing and making games, experience or interest in VR and AR VFX production / pipeline experience
- Proficient with profiling tools in the examination & diagnosis of performance issues
- Experience with one or more of the following: Substance Designer / Painter, Zbrush or Mudbox, Houdini, Mari, Unity Familiarity with C++
- Interest and capacity to work with proprietary toolsets
- A portfolio / reel submission - including a detailed breakdown of your work in each section - is required with all applications
- How many years of Unity3D experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
Intervoke is an equal opportunity employer.